Ok so I know you don’t know me, but if you have been following my blog, you probably know how much I have been dreaming of owning an RV or travel trailer (as documented here and here just hitting the road…well I FINALLY did it!!
The original plan was to save up $3500 and just pay cash for the first one I found. I ended up paying $6000..but SO WORTH IT!
This is my original “requirements” list from 2016. (Also my very 1st post on WordPress.)
- Must weigh under 5000 lbs (anymore requires a bigger hauling vehicle than I want/need).
- Must come with an awning. I’d like to eventually add one of those outside screened in rooms and they require an awning to be attached.
- I would like not only a queen bed, but also a small bed some where else, not just the dinette turned bed. I like the idea of added storage for when the kids aren’t travelling with me.
- I’d like to keep it under 25 ft long.
- I want it to be able to detach from my main vehicle so a travel trailer seems ideal.
- I’d like to keep the price below $10,000 so I am definitely going to have to buy used.
And this is my updated list a year later, from the same post:
*I’m leaning hard at getting a 5th wheel now. I will settle for a travel trailer if the deal is right, but I really like the added bedroom space in a 5th wheel.
*Ideally I’d like to stay under $8000 now. I’ve seen some really great options around that price range. To stay under that range I am willing to forgo the 5th wheel.
Now. This is what I ended up getting:
A 2001 Fleetwood Prowler travel trailer. She is 28 ft long, 1 slide out, 2 doors, 7,000 lbs, an awning, and PLENTY of storage.
As you can see she needs some modernizing and jazzing up.
I have soooooo many ideas to update and decorate. I want to document some of my ideas here, so when she IS finally done, I can have some before and after to post on.
If you have an RV blog I would love to follow you and I would appreciate a follow back! Thanks for reading!